Legal Information Technology
- New! EBB Training Avaialable Online.
- New! The following operating systems are supported by the Electronic Bluebook Software: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS 10.6, Mac OS 10.7, Mac OS 10.8, and Mac OS 10.9. Students are advised NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.1 until Electronic Bluebook announces it will support these operating systems.
- VPN for Windows 8.
- IT Help Desk is open on Saturday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
- We've got a new ticket system. Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
UH Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a utility which provides a secured connection for your computer. The VPN prevents your data from being intercepted while it is in route to the destination computer. The VPN client has the same functions as a firewall, therefore while the VPN client is running, you must turn off your firewall, or allow IPSec through on your firewall. In order to get to any Law Library resources on the internet, you must have the O'Quinn Law Library VPN client running. Additionally, if you are trying to access network resources (your H: drive, e-mail via Outlook client) while you are off campus, you must have the UH VPN client running.