Any one of the following items could serve as a separate Dean’s Note. I’ve combined them here because I believe they underscore the quality and character of the Law Center.
It all adds up to a law school of excellence, and I am very proud to be a part of it. Last week, in its nationwide survey of law firm recruiting managers, hiring partners and corporate counsel throughout the United States, Vault Inc. cited the Law Center as one of the nation’s underrated law schools and noted how “our product speaks for itself.”
- On Saturday, our annual gala drew more than 800 people and continues to be one of the largest fundraising events of its kind staged by any law school in the country.
- We placed a record number of graduates in judicial clerkships this year. On Monday, Judge Ewing Werlein, Jr. of the Southern District of Texas gave the keynote address at a reception for our students who will start their legal careers working for federal and state judges in Texas and other states.
- Last year, we recorded our highest employment numbers since 2000, with 96 percent of our students employed within nine months of their graduation. And once they’re hired, our graduates succeed. For the second year running, our school “produced” the second-largest number of new partners among the 25 largest firms in Texas.
- Our bar passage rate is second only to Baylor among Texas law schools.
- Two of our professors – Richard Alderman and Robert Ragazzo – just won Teaching Excellence Awards from the University of Houston.
I agree with those assessments. Our task is not about raising the quality of our product; it’s about letting more people know about our achievements, distinctions and ongoing excellence.
To respond to Dean Nimmer, please click here. Click here for previous Dean’s Notes. To stop receiving these email messages, please click unsubscribe.
The University of Houston Law Center
100 Law Center
Houston, TX 77204-6060