About The University of Houston Law Center
UH Law Center Overview
The University of Houston Law Center is the leading law school in the nation’s fifth-largest legal market. Founded in 1947, it is a top-tier institution awarding Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) and Master of Laws (LL.M.) degrees. The Law Center operates with the approval of the American Bar Association and the Supreme Court of Texas, is a member of the Association of American Law Schools, and has a chapter of the Order of the Coif, the national legal scholastic honor society.
UH Law Center Rankings
- Ranked 48th of law schools by U.S. News & World Report based on a multi-factor analysis including bar passage, job placement, LSAT score. (2013)
- Ranked 29th by the National Law Journal among "Go to" law schools based on the percent of graduates hired by the top 250 law firms in U.S. (2013)
- Ranked among the Top 50 law schools in the nation (#39) in 2011 for best standard of living according to an exclusive study conducted by National Jurist magazine
- Ranked 34th in 2010 by Super Lawyers organization based on the number of alumni of the school who have been voted as "super lawyers" in their fields by their peers.
- The Houston Law Review ranked in top 2.5% (42nd) of more than 1,600 law journals by Washington & Lee based on the number of citations to articles in the Review. (2012)
- UH Journal of International Law ranked in the top 25% of all law journals by Washington & Lee University based on the number of citations to articles in the Journal. (2010)
- UH Intellectual Property and Information Law Institute ranked 7th nationally by U.S. News & World Report based on assessment of peers in intellectual property law. (2013)
- UH Health Law and Policy Institute is ranked 8th nationally by U.S. News & World Report based on assessment of peers in health law. (2013)
- UH Law Center part-time program is ranked 16th nationally by U.S. News & World Report. (2013)
- UH Law Center tax program is ranked 18th nationally by the U.S. News & World Report. (2013)
- UH Journal of Health Law and Policy is ranked in the top 15% of health law journals nationally by Washington & Lee University based on the number of citations to articles in the Journal. (2010)
UH Law Center Faculty
UH Law Center faculty are recognized leaders in their respective fields as well as classroom teachers of the first rank. Since 2004, UH Law Center faculty have written nearly 80 books and published nearly 200 articles in leading law journals and other publications. Adjunct faculty, drawn from the practicing bar, augment our curriculum with “real world” perspectives on the law.
UH Law Center Alumni
The Law Center has more than 13,000 alumni, and about 56% of them live in the greater Houston area.
More than 700 Law Center alumni belong to the prestigious Order of the Coif, an honorary scholastic society that recognizes high achievement in law school.
Click here for printable version.