Three UH Law Center alumni win Houston Corporate Counsel Awards
May 7, 2019 — Eight University of Houston Law Center graduates were named finalists for 2019 Houston Corporate Counsel Awards with three of the nominees winning their respective categories.
- Belinda Senneway ’07 of Shell Oil won Diversity of the Year Award
- Andrew Gratz ’02 of LyondellBasell won the Senior Counsel of the Year for a Large Legal Department Award
- Timothy W. Johnson ’97 of Peak Completion Technologies won General Counsel of the Year for a Small Legal Department Award
The ceremony was co-hosted by the Houston Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel and The Texas Lawbook, and honored corporate lawyers for their leadership, exemplary performance and accomplishments.
The following Law Center alumni were recognized as finalists:
- Elizabeth Hawkins, J.D. ’88 and L.L.M ’14, of Targa Resources was nominated for the Senior Counsel of the Year for a Mid-sized Legal Department Award
- Fermeen Fazal ’00 of UniversaPegasus International was nominated for the General Counsel of the Year for a Small Legal Department Award
- James Simmons ’98 of Kraton Corporation was nominated for the General Counsel of the Year for a Mid-sized Legal Department Award
- Patrick Tagtow ’93 of BMC Software Inc. was nominated for the M&A Transaction of the Year Award
- Anthony Matheny ’97 of Baker Hughes was nominated for the Business Litigation of the Year Award
Back to News Homepage