6321 Professional Responsibility - DUNCAN- 17949
Meredith Duncan (FACULTY)
Course Areas: Procedure and Practice
Time: 1:00p-2:30p TTHLocation: 144 BLB
Course Outline: This course is a study of the legal and ethical responsibilities of members of the legal profession. A required course, Professional Responsibility focuses on both the Model Rules of Professional Conduct as well as the current law governing the conduct of lawyers.
Course Syllabus: Syllabus
First Day Assignments:
Professional Responsibility — For Tuesday, January 20, please read and be prepared to discuss these materials in class:
• Skim the Model Rules in their entirety to become familiar with them;
• Read pp. 1-24 from the Hazard casebook (5th edition, 2010);
• Re-read the Preamble and Scope of the Model Rules of Professional Conduct;
• Re-read Model Rules 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 2.1, 3.3, 4.1, 5.4(c).
For Thursday, January 22, please read and be prepared to discuss:
• pp. 24-42 from the Hazard casebook;
• Model Rules 1.2, 1.3, 1.6, 3.4(a), 3.7.
The complete syllabus and reading assignments will be posted soon at www.law.uh.edu/faculty/mduncan.
Final Exam Schedule: 05/05/15 2-5pm 144 BLB 109 BLB
This course will have:
Satisfies Skills Course Requirement: No
Satisfies Senior Upper Level Writing Requirement: No
Course Materials (11/4/2014 12:57:52 PM)